We would like to thank everyone for participating in the January 2005 Top Dawg Challenge. And also special thanks to our sponsor, BFG Technologies. Without further ado, here are the winners:
Huntington Beach, CA
|Handle||Shogan191||Sik L Cel||IntelGuy|
|Prize||BFG 6800||BFG 6800 Ultra||BFG 6800 GT|
|System||Athlon FX 55||Athlon FX 55||Pentium 4 3.2E|
|CPU Clock||2600 Mhz||3427 Mhz||4417 Mhz|
Special thanks to all that helped make this event events a success.
|The Pit Inspectors||Ollie, Curly, Maniak, AdamMaxis, IanG, Crossfire, TiMiSu1987, ChrisR, Flewpastu, Mariol, RMC, DragunLadee, Xtreme Computing|
|The Judges||Shogan, Intel Guy and Raymo|
|The Pit Force Marshall||Ronnie Coleman|
PC Pitstop’s Top Dawg Challenge!
Who’s the Fastest? Are you the Top Dawg?
We are excited to partner with BFG Technologies to bring you the PC Pitstop Top Dawg Challenge. BFG Technologies is a USA-based supplier of award-winning, premium 3D video cards based on NVIDIA graphics technology, as well as other PC enthusiast products. BFG Technologies is dedicated to bringing the latest high quality, high-tech multimedia products to PC and gaming enthusiasts at competitive prices. We hope to find the fastest computer on Earth!
The Ground Rules
- The contest will be three competition categories and prizes awarded to the top 3 in each category.
Contest Stock Overclocked AMD Overclocked Intel 1st BFG 6800 BFG 6800 Ultra BFG 6800 GT 2nd $30 Amazon Certificate $60 Amazon Certificate $60 Amazon Certificate 3rd BFG Shirt and Cap BFG Shirt and Cap BFG Shirt and Cap
- In addition, there will be two random raffles on December 15th and December 22nd to give away a BFG shirt and cap. On the final day of the competition, all entries will automatically participate in a random drawing for a BFG 6800.
- Stock is defined as a PC that has an unmodified front side bus speed. However, overclocking graphics is allowed in the stock category.
- To enter the Challenge, you must use the following software.
- To get your Challenge Score:
- Set your screen resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels, 32 bit color.
- Take the PC Pitstop full tests. Be sure to login so the results are saved in our database!
- Jot down your tests results link. Here are the instructions to get your link.
- Take the other two tests. 3D Mark and PC Mark 04. Click “Online Results”, then Publish, jot down the links for your results.
- Your Challenge Score is (PC Pitstop Score – Internet score) + (3D01/10) + (PC04/2)
- Your Pitstop name must be on the results page on the top.
- To enter your Challenge Score in the competition:
- Go to the PC Pitstop Forums, Custom PC’s, Case Mods and Overclocking .
- Create an account at the forums if you haven’t visited before–this is a separate registration from the main site.
- Post your results in the correct contest section. In the text of your post, provide links for your PC Pitstop score, PC04 score, and 3D01 score. Also provide the processor type and actual speed (from the Pit Test), and the system cooling you are using (e.g., air, water, vapo).
- Judging – A Pit Force Inspector (PI) will inspect each entry and determine if the entry is valid. If an entry is invalid the PI will give a reason; the judge’s decisions are final. The Pit Force Director will give weekly tabulations of the entries.
- By entering the Challenge, you acknowledge that you are at least 13 years of age.
- The contest will begin on December 8, 2004, and end on January 8, 2005 at 11:59 pm Eastern time.
939 total views, 1 views today