By Anand Khanse for The Windows Club
Open a Jammed CD/DVD or Optical Drive
The number of optical drives is dwindling. However, those who own PCs with CD or DVD drives may occasionally encounter a drive tray that will not open. Try these steps first.–PC Pitstop.
Optical drive tray will not open
1. First, restart your Windows PC and see if it helps. I have found that a simple restart solves many problems including this one. You may also try clicking on the Eject button while the computer is booting and see if it works.
2. Check if any locking software exists on your computer which prohibits the tray being opened.
3. Ensure that all your power cables are not loose and are properly connected.
4. Open Computer folder and right-click the icon for the CD or DVD drive that is stuck, and then click Eject.
5. Look for a small hole below the Drive Tray. This is the Manual Tray Release. Take a pin or a straightened-out paper click and insert and push it in the hole. At the same time you may have to continue to press the tray’s Open or Eject button.
Shared with permission from The Windows Club.
1,471 total views, 1 views today