Shade Excel Cells Based on Odds and Evens
By Allen Wyatt for Excel.Tips.Net
If you have a series of values in a range of cells, you might want to use different formatting to differentiate the odd numbers from the even numbers. The way you do this is through the use of the Conditional Formatting feature in Excel. Follow these steps:
1. Select the cells that contain the odd and even values.
2. With the Home tab of the ribbon displayed, click the Conditional Formatting option in the Styles group. Excel displays a palette of options related to conditional formatting.
3. Click Manage Rules. Excel displays the Conditional Formatting Rules Manager dialog box.
4. Click New Rule. Excel displays the New Formatting Rule dialog box.
5. In the Select a Rule Type area at the top of the dialog box, choose Use a Formula to Determine Which Cells to Format. (See Figure 1.)
This post appears with permission from Allen Wyatt and Excel.Tips.Net.
500 total views, 1 views today